Contents: Scaffolding language and learning -- Classroom talk: creating contexts for language learning -- Collaborative group work and second language learning -- From speaking to writing in the content classroom -- Learning to write in a second language and culture -- Reading in a second language and culture: barriers and bridges -- Listening: an active and thinking process -- Developing an integrated curriculum: learning language, learning through language, and learning about language.
This collection examines the personal narratives of a select group of educators who attained biliteracy at a young age, and in the era before bilingual education. Their autobiographical accounts celebrate and make visible a linguistic potential that has been largely ignored in schools and underscores the emotional ties that Latinos have to Spanish.--[book cover]
Here are some of the features of the Praxis II Exam study system:
· Study after study has shown that repetition is the most effective form of learning, and nothing beats flashcards when it comes to making repetitive learning fun and fast.
· Flashcards engage more of your senses in the learning process. You "compete" with yourself to see if you know the answers to the questions, and the flipping action gets you actively involved in the learning process.
· Cards are printed on heavy, bright white 67 lb. cover stock, and are laser printed at 1200 dpi on industrial printers. These are professional-quality cards that will not smear or wear out with heavy usage.
· Covers the major content areas on the exam.
· Praxis II test cards are written in an easy to understand, straightforward style. We don't include any more technical jargon than what you need to pass the test.
· Concept cards include in-depth explanations. You won't see any "one word" answers on our cards that require you to go get a textbook to understand why your answer was wrong. All of our cards include generous, thorough explanations so you not only get it right or wrong, but you also know why!
· System enables you to study in small, digestible bits of information. Unlike using boring textbooks, flashcards turn learning into a "game" you can play until you've mastered the material.
· It's easy for a friend to help you study. They don't even have to know anything about the Praxis II test. If they can read, then they can quiz you with our flashcards!
Praxis II Exam Flashcard Study System is a compilation of the hundreds of critical concepts you must understand to pass the Praxis II test.
Text in English and Spanish.
Teacher and student editions
Contents: Saludos -- ¡Adiós! -- Algunos números -- La cortesía -- Los días de la semana -- Los meses y las estaciones -- El tiempo -- La hora -- ¡Hablo español! -- Necesito materiales escolares -- La ropa -- ¡Leo! -- Los colores -- ¿Quién soy yo? -- Soy de... -- ¡Estudio mucho! -- ¡Leo mucho! -- Mi familia -- Mi casa -- ¡Leo como un pro! -- Handbook: Spanish-English dictionary; English-Spanish dictionary.
"NWMSU current students, staff, and faculty can obtain a Maryville Public Library card by bringing in their Northwest ID, filling out an application and bringing two proofs of current address. Nonresident fees are waived for Northwest staff and students, thanks to a cooperative agreement with B.D. Owens Library on campus." per Maryville Public Library.