Is your bill controversial? The answers to these questions could help you decide:
- Were there amendments attempted when the bill passed through the House and Senate committees and subcommittees?
- What were the results of floor activity?
- How did the bill pass through the conference committee proceedings if a conference committee was convened?
- What position did the President take on the bill and did he lobby congress on the measure? Did the President veto the bill or did congress override his veto?
- Were interest groups involved in supporting the bill or opposing it?
- How did the news media cover the bill and was their role important?