- Extensive use (60% of cited sources) of scholarly databases and/or books, paper and electronic
- Application of relevant information sources to topic
- Utilization of a wide variety of sources (for example, journal articles, magazines, newspapers, books, ebooks, images, videos, scores, or webpages)
- Demonstration of the ability to evaluate information sources
- Responsible use of information by accurately following an academic citation style
- General quality of communication (clarity, grammar, usage)
Entries are evaluated by a panel of Northwest professors and library staff.