Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Check out the following equipment at the Library Services Desk:
- Phone chargers (various models)
- Elite pad adapter
- Macbook and Macbook Air chargers
- GoPro Hero3 and accessories
- Digital camcorders
- Digital cameras
- Digital voice recorders
- Notebook laptops
- Notebook laptops power cables
- Wacom Intuos Pro Pen and Touch Medium tablet
- Extension cords
- Magic Wand portable scanner
- Presentation remotes
- Document cameras
- USB floppy drives
- TI calculators
- USB Disk Drives
- VGA adapters
- Dual male USB cables
- RCA and ethernet cables
- Dry-erase boards with markers and erasers
Northwest users can access public computers on the first and second floors of the library. The library has black and white laser printers and color laser printers.
Click one of the links below to install the printer of your choice:
View more information on printing and billing.
- Photocopiers are available on the first and second floor of the library. Need assistance? Ask at the Library Services Desk, or call (660) 562-1193.
- There are also two HP scanners available for student use. For assistance with the scanners, contact the Northwest Technology Call Center at (660) 562-1634.
- Individual Study Rooms: located on 3rd floor; these rooms are intended for individual study, only. These rooms are equipped with a desk, chair, and wall marker board.
- Group Study Rooms: Two located on the 1st floor and 8 located on 3rd floor. These rooms are intended for smaller group meetings. This room follows the group study room guidelines; at check-out, the patron will receive a key. Boxes containing projector remotes and cables to connect to the projector in the rooms are also available for check out at the Library Services Desk. All group rooms come equipped with a wall mounted marker board as well.
- Conference Room: located on the 1st floor and is intended for larger group meetings. This room follows the same guidelines as other group study rooms; at check-out, the patron will receive a box with a projector remote and cables to connect to the projector in the room. This room is available to Northwest students after 5:00 pm.
- The X-Press Studio: located on the 2nd floor and includes video equipment. This room follows the same guidelines as other group study rooms with a 2 hour loan period. At check-out, the patron will receive a box with the room key, FAT32 flash drive, and two remotes; all items must be returned to the Library Services Desk.
"The X-PRESS Studio is designed to allow students and faculty the ability to easily record video presentations without any previous video production experience. It is designed so a video project can be created without any worry about software, lights, and cameras."
Library Services Desk takes Study Room reservations in person or by phone call to 660.562.1193.
Reservations can be scheduled up to 24 hours in advance.
- Individual Study Rooms = 4 hours
- Group Study Rooms = 2 hours
- Individual Study Rooms = minimum 1, maximum 1
- Group Study Rooms = minimum 2, maximum 8 (Conference Room maximum 14)
Study Room Guidelines
- Study Rooms may be requested by Northwest Missouri State University Students, Faculty and Staff. Northwest ID card must be presented to check-out the room key. Projection equipment is available for checkout.
- Study Rooms on 3rd floor are silent study spaces. Out of consideration for other library users, please keep noise to a minimum.
- Reservations are forfeited after 15 minutes.
- Please plan to exit the study room at least 5 minutes before the loan period ends. Projection equipment and the key must be returned to the Library Services Desk at the end of the loan period.
- As you leave, check around you to ensure you’ve gathered all your personal items, returned furnishings to their original arrangement, turned off the lights, and locked the door. The key can then be returned to the Library Services Desk.
- Phone and Skype conversations/interviews are not permitted in the Individual Study Rooms. Doing so will result in cancellation of booking and being asked to leave the room.
- If you leave the room, remember to carry the room key with you.
- Study Rooms are to be vacated when the key is returned.
- The Library is not responsible for any personal materials left in the room.
- It can be difficult to hear emergency alarms from inside the rooms. It is very important to follow emergency evacuation procedures if alarms sound.
- For safety reasons, windows should remain uncovered and items should not be attached to the walls, desk, or windows.
- Please report any necessary repairs to the Library Services Desk Assistant.
- A late charge will be billed at the rate of $5.00 per hour. A lost key charge of $75.00 will be charged for keys that are not returned.