Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search for books
On the library's homepage, type a keyword, title, or author into the Quick Search box:
In the left sidebar (Refine Results area), place a checkmark by Books, eBooks, Video. Click View Item Record in Catalog to locate additional information about the item.
Note: Use Advanced Search to limit to a specific library location (Juvenile collection, Popular, New Books), format, language, date, etc.
Search collections in Missouri, Colorado, and Oklahoma libraries
MOBIUS Help Center
Basic and advanced search options: keyword using AND, OR, NOT, title, author, phrase searches and wildcards.
Search collections of more than 10,000 libraries worldwide
Maryville Public Library Catalog
"NWMSU current students, staff, and faculty can obtain a Maryville Public Library card by bringing in their Northwest ID, filling out an application and bringing two proofs of current address. Nonresident fees are waived for Northwest staff and students, thanks to a cooperative agreement with B.D. Owens Library on campus." per Maryville Public Library
How to search
- Keyword searching using Boolean Operators
- AND - results must contain each word: puppy AND kitten
- OR - results contain either word: (puppy OR kitten)
- AND NOT (book searches) excludes word: puppy AND NOT kitten
"public relations" AND "team-based approach"
classroom AND (discipline OR management)
("Kansas City" AND NOT Missouri) and crime
- Does the library have the book "____________________"?
- Click on Title - enter the title you want to locate. (Pro tip: If title doesn't display, remove the subtitle (colon and all text after it)
- Searching by Author - an author search allows you to browse for items by author.
- An author is the person, artist, composer, government body or organization responsible for the creation of the content of a work.
- Searching by Corporate/Non-Personal Author
- A corporate author is any group or organization that is responsible for the content of a published work. They include organizations, corporations, governmental entities, and musical or artistic groups.
- Ford Motor Company
- United Nations
- For corporate bodies that are best known by their abbreviations, search using the abbreviated form.
What are wildcards?
- Use an Asterisk (shift/8) to find all variations of a word
EXAMPLE: ethic* finds any results with ethic, ethics, ethical
- Use a Question mark to replace one character within a word
EXAMPLE: wom?n finds both woman and women
EBSCOhost eBook Collection
Comprehensive eBook collection of over 118,000 titles includes digital, full-text versions of academic books from science, education and technology to the humanities and social sciences, literature and fiction. Many (but not all) permit multiple, simultaneous users.