Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What's in this guide?
- Request books, eBooks, videos, journals for B. D. Owens Library.
Library instructional support
- Request research/information literacy instruction (in-person session or online) for your students
- View list of library topics which can be incorporated into online/on-ground instruction and corresponding time parameters to cover the topic
- Discover resources to assist in student success.
Open Educational Resources (OER)
- Includes textbooks, journals, books, and freely available COVID-19 resources from reputable publishers.
- Tutorials for students
- Preventing student plagiarism
- Copyright permission
- Request articles and books for resources from other libraries
Chronicle of Higher Education and New York Times
- Where to publish, how to avoid predatory publishing
- Professional development, research assistance
- APA, MLA, Turabian, CSE, ACS, AMA citation examples
Ask a Librarian
- Email and phone contact information
Welcome New 2021-2022 Faculty!
Small Teaching Online
eBook: Small Teaching Online presents research-based teaching techniques from an online instructional design expert.
Paper: A real-world how-to manual for talking about race in the classroom. The authors offer practical tools and techniques for teaching and discussing racial issues at predominately white institutions of higher education.
Cultural Competence Now
eBook: Learn how to recognize culturally embedded narratives about racial hierarchy and dismantle the systems of privilege and the institutions that perpetuate them with knowledge, action, and advocacy. Cultural Competence Now provides a structure to begin meaningful conversations about race, culture, bias, privilege, and power within the time constraints of an ordinary school. The 56 exercises include activities, discussions, and readings.