Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search for books
On the library's homepage, type a keyword, title, or author into the Quick Search box:
In the left sidebar (Refine Results area), place a checkmark by Books, eBooks, Video. Click View Item Record in Catalog to locate additional information about the item.
Note: Use Advanced Search to limit to a specific library location (Juvenile collection, Popular, New Books), format, language, date, etc.
Search collections in Missouri, Colorado, and Oklahoma libraries
MOBIUS Help Center
Basic and advanced search options: keyword using AND, OR, NOT, title, author, phrase searches and wildcards.
Search collections of more than 10,000 libraries worldwide
Maryville Public Library Catalog
"NWMSU current students, staff, and faculty can obtain a Maryville Public Library card by bringing in their Northwest ID, filling out an application and bringing two proofs of current address. Nonresident fees are waived for Northwest staff and students, thanks to a cooperative agreement with B.D. Owens Library on campus." per Maryville Public Library
Get an article or a book
Get a pdf of any unavailable article or book chapter delivered to your Northwest email account.
Browse books on the shelf with Dewey call numbers
- 030 - Encyclopedias and books of facts
- 090 - Manuscripts and rare books
- 100 - Philosophy
- 120 - Epistemology
- 140 - Philosophical schools of thought
- 160 - Philosophical logic
- 170 - Ethics
- 180 - Ancient, medieval and eastern philosophy
- 190 - Modern western philosophy
- 200 - Religion
- 900 - History
- 901 - Philosophy and theory of history
- 902 - Miscellany of history
- 903 - Dictionaries and encyclopedias
- 904 - Collected accounts of events
- 905 - Serial publications of history
- 906 - Organizations and management
- 907 - Education, research and related topics
- 908 - Groups of people
- 909 - World history
- 930 - History of ancient world to ca. 499
- 940 - History of Europe
- 950 - History of Asia
- 960 - History of Africa
- 970 - History of North America
- 980 - History of South America
- 990 - History of other areas
EBSCOhost eBook Collection
Comprehensive eBook collection of over 118,000 titles includes digital, full-text versions of academic books from science, education and technology to the humanities and social sciences, literature and fiction. Many (but not all) permit multiple, simultaneous users.
More book options
- Google Books allows users to search the full text of books for keywords and phrases, displaying search terms in context.
- Public domain books are available for full text viewing and downloading.
- Limited Preview titles allow the user to view a limited number of preview pages (with search terms highlighted in context).
- Snippet View allows the user to view book publication information and only enough text to see search terms in context.
- Find This Book in a Library feature allows users can link to a WorldCat search window where a list of the closest libraries to the user that hold the book are displayed.
"Project Gutenberg promotes digitization in “text format”, meaning that a book can be copied, indexed, searched, analyzed and compared with other books. Contrary to other formats, the files are accessible for low-bandwidth use.