Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What's in this guide?
- Find recommended databases
Peer reviewed articles
- Defining peer review process
- Verifying journal is peer reviewed
- Check out books at B.D. Owens Library
- E-mail chapters or download eBooks
- Borrow books from other libraries
- Search for online videos (streaming)
- Learn about distance access
- Get in-depth research tips
- View APA or MLA references and in text examples
Style guidelines for journalists
Ask a Librarian
- Get research and citing assistance on chat, email, phone, in-person, or by appointment
What kind of information do you need for your topic or research question?
Map your terms
Example of mapping more terms related to "evidence" ---> melting glaciers, increase in extreme weather, warming oceans.
- To create a shape, click on any of the shape icons on the left navigation bar
- To type inside a shape, double click within the boundaries of a shape
- Shapes can be dragged around and resized inside the canvas. To resize a shape, hover mouse pointer over either the right side or underneath of a shape to toggle the resizable arrows
- To toggle the customization options, hover within the boundaries of a shape
- - change background color of the shape
- - change border color of the shape
- - change text color of the shape
- - delete shapeTo draw a connection between shapes, hover mouse pointer around the center of a shape to toggle the circular connection source and then drag and draw a line from the source to any other shape
- To delete a connection between shapes, double click on the connection line
- To pull up the customization navigation menu, click Customize (top right). Any changes made will be applied to all shapes and connections already present in the canvas as well as any consequent shapes and connections
- To revert back to the original stylings, click Reset
- To download the image as a JPEG image file, click on the Download button on the top navigation bar
- To clear the image, click Discard (top right)
Important: Put parentheses around keywords connected with the boolean OR
Phrase Searching (use double quotes for exact match)
Wildcard symbols (these differ among databases, so check help files)
For example, EBSCOhost wildcard symbols are:
- The asterisk (*) matches multiple characters, type pediatric* to find all records containing pediatrics, pediatrician or pediatricians
- The hash sign (#) matches one optional character: type colo#r to find all records containing color or colour
- The question mark (?) matches exactly one character: type ne?t to find all records containing neat, nest or next.