Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What's in this guide?
- Recommended search engines to discover journal articles
- How research articles are structured
Peer reviewed articles
- Definition of peer review process for scholarly journals
- Verifying journal is peer-reviewed
Professional literature list
- List of selected child and family recommended journals
- Books and videos/CDs to check out at Northwest
- Books to borrow from other libraries
- Search for online videos (streaming)
- Featured videos
- Examples of references and in text citations
- Helpful books and Web sites for references and in text citations
- Get answers of how to access the library's electronic resources
- Find troubleshooting tips
Ask a Librarian
- Ask for research help at the Library Services Desk, using chat, email, phone
- Email any one of the librarians for a research appointment tailored to your paper/project
Ask a Librarian (Chat)
Chat Service hours:
Monday–Thursday: 24 hours
Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m.–10 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m.–midnight
Walk-in research services hours: