Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is in this guide?
- Guidance for searching books and eBooks in the Owens Library collection and how to REQUEST books for delivery to Northwest Missouri State from academic libraries in Missouri and beyond using the MOBIUS Request link.
- How to search for full text and peer reviewed articles in relevant databases provided by Owens Library.
Peer reviewed articles
- Definition of peer review process for scholarly journals
- Verifying journal is peer-reviewed
- Guidance for using core free web resources containing reliable statistics concerning crime and punishment and criminal law in the United States.
- Recommendations for finding United States court cases.
- Citing examples for APA style
- Links to examples of the AUTHOR DATE Turbabian style
- Get answers of how to access the library's electronic resources
- Find troubleshooting tips
Ask a Librarian
- Ask for research help at the Library Services Desk, using chat, email, phone
- Email any one of the librarians for a research appointment tailored to your paper/project