Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Lab 4 includes hands-on practice locating books and articles about your assigned prompt/topic.
Learning objectives, including how to:
- locate relevant search terms for your topic
- find unedited books/ebooks available at Northwest
- search science-specific article databases provided by Northwest
- identify relevant primary, peer-reviewed articles
- cite articles in CSE Scientific Style
- Completed Quiz for Lab 4
- Uploaded PDF articles with CSE citation
What's in this guide?
Levels of literature
- Methods and materials section, charts, graphs, findings, etc.
- Videos about primary articles
- How to search for secondary literature
- Recommended databases for finding primary articles in the Biological Sciences
- How to verify an article is from a peer reviewed journal
- Examples of CSE references and in text citations
Ask a Librarian
- Ask: library chat, email, phone, or in-person
- If you prefer, schedule: Email any one of the librarians for an in-person or zoom research appointment